23.3.13

A Pirate's Birthday!........


Hello.

It has been some time since I updated my blog. It feels strange to be back here now and so good too!
The reason for my absence is my Mother in Law died in February. I always thought she would go on forever and so it has been hard for us all to deal with. When someone so close to you and part of the fabric of your life goes it makes it so hard to function. Life is not the life you have always had so you have to take one day at a time to start to live your life again.
I am now coming through the other end and starting to feel my way again. I know we will have good days and bad days but I keep close to myself that we were so lucky to have had such a good, strong and kind person in our lives who will be in our hearts forever.
A big thank you to everyone who enquired about my absence you are so very kind.
Anyway, I am so pleased to be back here with you all again and would like to share a card I made for my Grandson Luca's bestest friend in the world.


I have coloured Magnolia's Edwin with distress ink pads and then pin pricked the edge.
The Cloud Tag, Fence and Flag's are Magnolia's DooHickey dies with  an Anchor Charm from The Ribbon Girls.


The paper is Magnolia.


I attached the flags with wire and the letters are Quickutz.


Thank you so much for your visit with me and I wish you all a fabulous weekend!

love
kim xxx


7 comments:

Irene said...

Sincere condolences on the loss of your mother in law Kim. It's very hard to let people you love go but it's part of our lives and all I can say is cherish the memories!
Your card is beautiful, Toby will love it!!

xx Irene

Brigitte said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Your card is out of this world AMAZING!!!!! Love the wire for the string of the banner. This is a perfect boy card. I can't believe your a grandma, you look so young, lol!!! Hugs, Brigitte

Tracey T said...

So happy to have you back with us, Kim, but equally really sorry to hear of the loss of your mum in law. It takes time to come to terms with such a loss and I'm sure that all of your friends and fans in blogland will be sending you their love and hugs, as I do. Tracey xx

nicolet said...

Really stunning Kim!!
Have a nice sunday!
Hugs Nicolet

Lisa Jane said...

oh i just love this image ... he is a close secon to Jack Sparrow lol
Fab bunting
Lisa x

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the sweet Pirate.
I'm sorry to hear your news.
luv
Debby

martine said...

i,m so sorry for you...i also lost my mother in law, but than this december.
But....i,m glad you're back.And i hope it will be going better with you when time goes by...
Greets, Martine xx