8.7.12

Thank you card and gift......


Hello!

I hope you are all well and keeping dry! How wet has it been!
Hopefully now the school's summer holidays are fast approaching we will finally have a summer!
So to show our appreciation for the amazing work that Luca's teachers have done for him for his first year I have made a card and altered a pencil case as a little thank you.


Here is the card. I have been so inspired by the work of this amazingly talented girl Hanne. That I have tried to make a card out of a paper bag. Thank you Hanne for all your incredible inspiration!
I have distressed everything with walnut stain.
I have used a Fiskars punch for the top border.
The paper I have used is Pion.
The small border die, heart tag and leaves die are Magnolia's Doohickeys.
The gorgeous crocheted flowers are Tabby Craft.
The die cut letters are quickutz.
The flowers and metal corner are WOC.
The seam binding is from The Ribbon Girls.


I have coloured my Magnolia Image with distress ink pads.
The stickle glue I have used is star dust.


Here is the inside for Luca to write his message.
The post mark is Paper Artsy.


Here is the pencil case.
I painted it with gesso.
The butterflies from WOC were bronze but I used metallic alcohol ink to make them silver.
The butterflies around the side are a Martha Stewart punch.
The school letters are Pion.
The name plate is a quickutz die.


The little tags are quickutz.
The sentiment is Magnolia.
The flowers are leaf swirl branch are Magnolia Doohickeys.


The letters are Tim Holtz grunge letters painted with distress paint.


The inside has been distress painted and sprayed with glimmer mist.
The words are Tim's Doodaa's.

Thank you so very much for visiting with me. I truly appreciate your support!

Have a lovely week ahead!

love
kim xxx



9 comments:

Angela said...

How beautiful this is Kim. I'm sure Luca's teacher will absolutely treasure this gift. hugs, Angela

Sandra said...

I foudn them both very nice Kim. I also like the colours for this projects you've made
gr sandra

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow the teacher will be amazed.. so pretty and useful too
Lisa x

Exclusively by Mel said...

Fabulous idea, what gorgeous projects!
Super talented, they are just so pretty!
Love,mel. xx

Susy said...

Stunning, Kim!
HUGS SUSY

Teresa said...

Oh wow Kim you've done it again, another excellent piece and a gorgeous pencil case too. Hugs Teresa xx

Monique said...

That is so pretty Kim !!

Hugs Monique

Cathy said...

Wow, just gorgeous!!!

Waseem said...

this is so pretty..Don't you think of to use Gift Card envelopes for it.