22.8.11

TOMIC Challenge # 12 - MagnoliaInk Birthday.......


Hello,

I hope you are all well and are lovely and rested from your weekend activities.

Today is the start of a new challenge over at TOMIC. We are having a special celebration challenge this week! 
We are celebrating the birthday of our very own Magnolia Magazine MagnoliaInk!
So the theme of our TOMIC challenge this week is Recycling as MagnoliaInk is made from recycled paper.
There will be a extra special prize for the lucky winner from Magnolia to celebrate the birthday of MagnoliaInk so it would be wonderful if you would join us in our special celebration!

Here is my card and how I made it using  my recycled items.


I have coloured my Magnolia Tilda with distress ink pads onto watercolour paper.I have distressed everything with walnut stain and have added stickles for some sparkle.
The doily is die cut using a Magnolia Doohickey die as is the border.
I have pin pricked the edge of my image.


Here is the book that I have recycled. I have torn pages out and distressed them to add to my card.
You can get loads of old books from charity shops which are great to use like this.

I have decorated the inside too.


I have also used recycled items inside. 


Here are tags that I saved as I thought I could use them in something. So they were perfect for this TOMIC challenge.


Here they are recycled. I have covered them with Picket Fence crackle paint. Then I have stamped onto them. Adding stickles and a recycled button from an blouse I threw away.


Here is the right hand inside of my card. 
The hearts are nesties and the flowers EK Success punched.


Thank you so very much for your visit!

Please do go and visit my teamies to see their incredibly amazing creations!

Take care and if you would like to join us in this week's TOMIC's challenge we will be so thrilled!

love

kim x



inks used
skin - tattered rose, antique linen
hair - brushed corduroy, vintage photo, walnut stain
dress - milled lavender, vintage photo, walnut stain, black soot
shoes - tattered rose, black soot
basket - aged mahogany, frayed burlap, shabby shutters

20 comments:

Minasverden said...

Beautiful card, love it.:)

Mandy's Magnolia cards said...

This is so beautiful as always Kim!
greetings, Mandy

Manuela said...

Hi Kim! Your card is yumyyy!
Have a happy day today!
Hugs, Manuela x

Chris said...

Absolutely beautiful Kim! I love your colouring, totally divine and how you used the book pages and labels to recycle, all so gorgeous. Big hugs, Chris xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love this even more as its saving the planet lol!! Fab recycling, in such a pretty way
Lisa x

Sandra said...

what a very nice and good looking creations Kim.
gr sandra

Christina C. said...

Oh my word, Kim, what a phenomenal work of art!!!!! Absolutely brilliant!

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous!
Hugs
Cordine

Anneke said...

wow, what a gorgeous cards i see here.
so beautiful as always.
hugs!

Ana (Anrilla) said...

Hi Kim!! how are you? Your card are very cute, I like colour, paper,flowers... all... hihi!!

Hugs

nicolet said...

What a sweetie!
Hugs Nicolet

Esther said...

Very good ideas you've gave me.
Your project is beautiful.
Have a nice day!

Hugs Esther

Shell said...

What a beautiful card, you give such inspiration xx

Sassy Scrapper said...

OMG Honey absolutely a show stopper. Ok let's just say I LOVE EVERYTHING about this card inside and out. The paper distressed from an old book is such a wonderful idea. Thank you for the inspiration. I think I just might join the Tomic challenge and scrap lift the use of an old book paper technique. You always have a knack on getting my creative juices flowing. Ooh you are just fabulous!!!
Hugs Bonnie

Marita ♫♫♫ said...

Gorgeous♥. The colours and details are fabolouse♥. Love it.

Hugs Marita♫♫

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Only By His Grace said...

Hi Kim!
Once again you have created a very special card. One of my favourite Tilda's and colored so beautifully. I love all the embellishments. the DP's are gorgeous.
Hugs Maz

Diane said...

A beautiful card, Kim and very inventive recycling of the clothing tags!
Diane x

Shell said...

Your cards are so beautiful and this one is no exception, I love everything about it xxx

Tonje said...

Love your cards! they are soo pretty :D
Could you please tell me what you use to paint the stamps? :D