28.6.11

Sending Hugs.......

Hello,

I hope you are well and for anyone like me who is in the middle of a heat wave hope you are keeping cool! Boy is it hot, hot, hot! 

Not that the weather was remotely like that on our weeks holiday in Cornwall, which we have just returned from.  Rain, rain, rain, but I still feel refreshed and had a lovely break :)

Today I would like to share with you a card I made using Tilda with Ponytail from Magnolia's Sweet Rainbow Collection.


I have coloured Tilda with distress ink pads and cut her out and 3d her onto Magnolia's Recipe Card image. Which I heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I stamped and cut out the ribbon label twice and stuck this on top and added star dust stickle glue.


I have decorated the inside too.


Here is the inside left. I have used a Magnolia Doohickey die for the swirl and Quickutz leaf die. The flowers are Prima.


Here is the inside right. I have used Nestie dies for the circles. The corners are stamped with Stempelglede borders.


The word hugs and tiny flowers are Quickutz I have distressed these and everything else on the card with Walnut Stain. The seam binding has been distressed with Weathered Wood and I have added some muslin behind my image.

Before I go I want to introduce you to a new member of our family.

Please meet Hettie.


Hettie is 9 weeks tomorrow so going for her first immunisation tomorrow :( I have never owned a kitten before so it is a complete learning curve for me and I love her.

Also, for everyone who is kind enough to ask about my Grandson Luca. He is recovering from his 15th operation yesterday. All went well. He is so completely amazing. He just walks down to theatre and has a chat with the anaesthetist while they are inserting the injection (hand drink) for Luca to be put to sleep. They have never known a child that can do that bless his little heart

Thank you so much for visiting with me and don't forget there is a new challenge for you to join in with at TOMIC please do go and visit and see what the amazing dt have made for you.

Take care.

love
kim x



inks used
skin - antique linen, tattered rose
hair - walnut stain, vintage photo
top - tattered rose
trousers - stormy sky
trainers - aged mahogany

20 comments:

Marjolein..... said...

THE card is amazing, just gorgeous Kim. Glad your grandson is doing Oké but of course it is not Oké à child has to Go through such things......Hope he will be allright soon,

Greetz, marjolein

Monique Lokhorst said...

Hi Kim,

Oh, how I love the way you create your beautiful cards, they are always so gorgeous. Thank you for sharing!

Hugs,
Monique xxx

Miranda de Groot said...

Love this pretty card.
Hoop your grandson will be allright.
Whar a cute kitty you have.
Hugs Miranda

Durvina said...

Dear Kim,

I love the card you have made.
the image is so sweet.
And all the details are so perfect, for this complete card.

hugs, Durvina

Franz♥ said...

What lovely card Kim, so sweet and romantic!
Hugs, Francesca.

lenny said...

beautiful card Kim and Ilove your kitten
hug lenny

May Britts papir og sånt said...

Hey Kim. So beautiful, the colors, layout, flowers. Everything is fantastic. Have a nice day.
Hugs May Britt.

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Kim! This is one amazing creation my friend!! Love your darling kitty too!! Thanks for sharing...now back to study your creation some more!! ;) HUGs

nicolet said...

This card is really great and I love the details you have used!
Hugs nicolet

Sandra said...

kim your new card is really beautiful, and your right sometimes is good to have a littele break in time. At this moment it is a very bad weather in Holland.
Gr sandra

Janny said...

Love the card you have made, its beautiful.
Hugs to you and Hettie from Janny

Maritha said...

Here in the northern sweden we havent had any heat AT ALL ,but today you did´t need a jacket for the first time......ever!! =)

LOvely lovely card,with som many details that i just can look at it all night....;)

Hugs for you/Maritha

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Amazing card Kim, I'm glad that your grandson is well after his op!
Hugs
Tamara

Cordine said...

Stunning card Kim!
Hugs
Cordine

Eskimo Frosting said...

Absolutely stunning card.

I do hope your grandson gets better soon.

Jayne
x

San said...

lovely card Kim!

Kim said...

So gorgeous! Beautiful card with such gorgeous details. Congratulations on your cute little kitten!

Hugs Kim

Marijke said...

Just again an AMAZING creation!!!
Your colouring is FAB!
Love your little cat, she looks so sweet!!!
Hugs,
Marijke

Mandy said...

Oh wow Kim this is another stunning creation, so many beautiful details to look at and you know I love your fabulous colouring :)
OMG Hettie is adorable, she's so sweet and pretty. I'm sure you will love having a kitten/cat, I have 5, yes 5, my vets know I'm a soft touch and call me when they have an abandoned little one and I have such trouble saying no lol
hugs Mandy xx

Mieke said...

Wow, so georgeous!!!!