28.1.11

DT Magnolia - Edwin Bookmark...

Hello,

I hope you have had a good week and that you are well.

Here is a bookmark I made using some of the Magnolia mini's.



I have masked off a house from Magnolia's town house stamp and masked this cute mini Magnolia Edwin on his bike in front.

I have stamped my images with versafine onyx black onto 300gsm (140lbs) watercolour paper. I have coloured my images with distress ink pads. The clouds are from a Magnolia mini scene stamp. 

The Edwin name is punched out of a Tim Holtz letter sheet.

To make the bookmark more robust. I have covered the image and letters with Ultra Thick Embossing powder. I repeated this about 3 times.

Here is the back of the bookmark.


I embossed the Magnolia snail as well.

The stars are punched and I have added small gems in the middle.

The Magnolia paper has been distressed with Tim's distressing tool and then distressed with walnut stain.

The stickles I have added are silver. Before I embossed I also added clear sakura glitter pen to the house and clouds.

Thank you so very much for looking and for any comments you may leave I send you big hugs.

Have a most wondrous weekend!

love

kim x

inks used
skin - tattered rose, antique linen
hair - walnut stain
clothes - weathered wood, antique linen
shoes - weathered wood
bike - tumbled glass, black soot
house - weathered wood, tattered rose, black soot

20 comments:

Gloria J. Dawson said...

What an adorable bookmark Kim! Love the scene you created and this is perfect for a grandson! I love the idea of using the embossing powder to make them stronger....will be trying this myself.

Blessings,
Gloria

Angela said...

So cute Kim! Fabulous scene you created and awesome coloring!! ;) I will have to make some of these! hugs, Angela

Carol said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kim! Luv the scene you created and the snail on the back just finishes it off beautifully! Lotsa luv xxxx

Cheryl said...

oh these are lush hun amazing backgrounds on these hugs cheryl xxxx

Maritha said...

Lovely bookmark Kim! And they are so cute those little mini Magnolias,not in store in Sweden yet,but soon i hope.....=)
Have a nice weekend
Hugs Maritha

Christina C. said...

Kim, this is by far the loveliest bookmark I have ever seen!!!!!!

May Britt said...

Love it....

Gosia S. said...

Sweet, lovely bookmark! Hugs Gosia S.

Ellen said...

Hello Kim,

This bookmark is so adorable!!

Big Hugs and have a nice weekend,
Ellen

Esther said...

Very nice idea.
I like to read also,maybe I make something like this myself.
Yours is gorgeous.

xx Esther

Susy said...

So gorgeus, Kim!
Have a nice weekend!!

HUGS SUSY

xxxtglxxx said...

Oooh, what a fabby, fabby gift idea! :D Incredible!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Penni said...

Wow this is great.

Hugs
Penni
X

Mandy said...

Oh Kim this is adorable, so sweet.
Have a wonderful weekend hun
hugs Mandy xx

Marijke said...

Hi Kim,
Love your bookmark!!!
It's Gorgeous!!!
Hugs,
Marijke

Jo said...

Hi Kim, just having a catch up, sorry I have been away for so long, these cards are absolutely stunning, beautiful. Do you add sparkle to the edges after you have distressed and stained them? I love the effect. Take care. hugs Jo x

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Hi Kim gorgeous bookmark love all the colours you have used.

Hugs
Tamara

Anne said...

Totally cute and lovely bookmark, Kim! :)
Love the light colors.

Have a nice day.
Hugs, Anne.

Kiri said...

JUST PERFECT :-)
XOXO

Miria said...

Hi, Kim. I love your masking job and how you made the scene! Miria xx