4.9.10

Stupendous Saturday......

Hello,

Here we are at the weekend yay! I have had quite a hectic week. Our decorator is still beavering away and this time in our bedroom which with me being a creature of habit has been so hard. Living in the middle of the room. Not being able to read at night as no curtains or table lamp. Plus trying to find everything that I moved each day just to get ready. But, I am pleased to say he has now finished our room and I can today put it all back together again phew! I would like to share with you today a Wedding Frame I made for Crafts U Love.


I stood it next to a silver candle lamp that my daughter Claire bought for me. I love it Claire knows just what I like I am so lucky to have her. I first of all painted the frame with Ranger's paint dabbers in white. Then I sprayed it with iridescent gold glimmer mist. Then I coloured my Magnolia images with distress ink pads.


I also added star dust stickle glue for my sprinkly spronkly.


I used the new Magnolia Doo Hickey dies which I love! Here is the Swirl and Leaf and the Flower. Which has all been glimmered and stickled to death.


I added crackle paint to the tag and here you can see the teeny tiny stamps that I bought at the NEC from the Magnolia stand which I love to use.



Here is the other reason that I have been anxious over. My adorable Grandson Luca. He started school this week and I was more nervous than him. Here is is on his second day of school on a visit to me to show me his school uniform and I am pleased to report everything was great! ( I love the socks just like my Son used be neither up nor down) As you can see by the smile on his face he is so happy to be a big boy now and loves school another phew! Unfortunately, he has to have another operation on his eyes next week. Which will disrupt his settling in so please say a little one for him that the operation is successful and that it doesn't affect his starting his new school. Needless to say I will be all over the place, but I know that he is in good hands at Great Ormond Street hospital those surgeons are geniuses!

Well, sorry it has been a long post and I thank you so much for your visit and I wish you all a wonderful weekend!

love
kim x

inks used
skin - tattered rose, antique linen
hair - antique linen, black soot, brushed corduroy
dress and suit - black soot
street lamp - black soot, weathered wood, vintage photo

27 comments:

lil-paper-pixie said...

Stunning as always Kim, gotta get me some doohickey dies, they look fab! How cute is Luca, soooooo sweet, I will be thinking of the little chap next week, I am sure all will be fine.x

Rosis Stöberseite said...

Since is again a beautiful wedding card originated. Class coloring. And for the cute little man begins the seriousness of life.
Congratulations.
With love and hugs
Rosi

Burnice said...

Loving the frame. Now Luca is just the cutest - won't be long before he has grown into that bag!!!

Burnice x

Crafty Lou said...

Hi!Kim,so lovely to read your post this morning and special wishes to your Grandson.
The picture frame is gorgeous,those little stamps are so sweet and love all the pretty details.
hugs Lou.xx

Miria said...

Hi, Kim. First of all I have to congrat you for your Luca: he is as smart as a carrot in his purple uniform and school staff! I wish him all the best for the operation. And now the frame: I've never seen such a stunning creation, it's so gorgeous! Hugs. Miria

yvon said...

Wow, so beautiful. It's georgeous.
And i wish all the best for the operation of your grandson. He looks so cute in his uniform.
Hugs, Yvon

Maritha said...

WOWWWWW!!!! That is just stunning dear!! I cant understand how you do it,but you get everything to look just georgeous....=)
And THANKS for taking your time too comment on my blog...makes me happy happy happy!!!!

hugs Maritha

Janette said...

Gorgeous frame Kim,but all your work is....Luca is adorable really he is,glad all went well...did you find it harder to see him off to school than your own...gosh I did....this time round my two Grandsons went,was I a mess...lol....not as bad as when Mia went though....I hope he will be ok with his op and will defo send one 'up' for him...take care.xx

Esther said...

I like your fotoframe a lot.
It's gorgeous,I want to make it myself to.

Hugs Esther

Esther said...

I like your fotoframe a lot.
It's gorgeous,I want to make it myself to.

Hugs Esther

Anne said...

Just beautiful!
I love the flowers on this one! :D

Nelleke said...

Just beautiful Kim.
And for the cute little man begins the seriousness of life butt i think he will like it a lot.
Hugs Nelleke

Therese said...

Wow, that is a beautiful photoframe♥
Your grandson is soo cute!

Hugs

lenny said...

Stunning as always Kim
Just beautiful
hugs lenny

Shake said...

Pretty work, kim!
I love this stamps and the flowers are pretty!

Hugs, Albert

hobby@Janet said...

oooh it`s a beautiful foto frame!!
It`s a great idea!
Love the colors and details!

and wat a adoreble grandson!

sorry for my bad enlisch :(

xxxJanet

Safo said...

Какая красота, Ким!!! Я в полном восхищении!

nicolet said...

Oooh yes, this one is a cutie!!
Hugs Nicolet

Mandy said...

Hi Kim,
This so beautiful, a lovely wedding present gift....Love Tilda and Edwin and your embellishments as always are perfect...I'll be thinking of your gorgeous Grandson and you next week,and will say a small one for him...hope you have a lovely weekend...
Mandy xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

another stunningly gorgeous creation.
and look at Luca, so grown up, my baby boy has just started the sixform, time flies. Hope the bedroom looks good when finished.
janex

jaimie said...

Hi Kim,

love what you did with the photoframe!

And your grandson looks very happy , enjoy that moment !

Greetings, jaimie

Angela said...

Beautifull frame and love your swirls and flowers!!
All your cards are so beautifull!!
Hugs
Angela

Kat said...

This is stunning Kim. These doohickey dies are really lovely.

What a lovely photo of Luca. He looks so smart with his uniform and schoolbag. I agree that time passes too quickly. I can hardly believe that Poppy will soon be 3 and Oliver 1! I'm sure Luca will be in very safe hands for his operation but that doesn't stop you being anxious about him. Hope all goes well for him.

Kat xx

Sol said...

The frame is Beautiful... Love all the details and swirls... And will be crossing my fingers for his operation! :)

Mandy said...

Stunning frame Kim, so many beautiful details, your talent always amazes me, love it.
Luca looks adorable in his school uniforn, I'm so pleased he enjoyed it, those socks bring back memories lol.
Hope all goes well with his operation, I will say a little one for you all, hope your nerves hold up
hugs Mandy xx

Diane said...

I somehow missed this post when you put it up, Kim but I'm glad I finally found it because this is sooooo gorgeous!
I'll definitely say a little one for Luca - he looks so happy in this photo and I'm sure he'll soon bounce back after his surgery.
Diane x

Re fazendo arte said...

You are the best!!!!!!!!!!!
Eu estou te seguindo...
Parabéns pelo seu trabalho. Beijos no coração...
RE