15.9.10

ABC Challenge - Distressing...

Hello,

First I would like to say a very big thank you for all your lovely messages of support to Luca for his operation. It all went brilliantly and he is home and very happy and it was a total success. So Claire and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

I was very  thrilled to be invited to guest design for this week's ABC Challenge. The theme this week is Distressing. Thank you so much for the honour of joining you girls.



I have stamped my Magnolia Image with Versafine black onyx onto Waterford water colour paper. I have coloured this with distress ink pads. The heart and swirl is Tim's grungeboard shapes which I have painted with crackle paint and distressed with walnut stain. I have sprayed these and the flowers with iridescent gold glimmer mist. The leaves are punched and embossed using a Nellies Choice punch. The bazzill flowers are quickutz. The stickles I have used are star dust. All my papers are distressed with Tim's distressing tool and inked with walnut stain.



I thank you so very much for your visit and wish you a wonderful day!

love
kim x

inks used
skin - tattered rose, antique linen
hair - antique linen, brushed corduroy
poncho - stormy sky
dress - tattered rose, black soot
boots - weathered wood, black soot
bag - vintage photo, tattered rose, tea dye

31 comments:

Carthane said...

very nice!!!

Chris_P said...

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L

nicolet said...

This one is really gorgeous Kim!!!
Greetings Nicolet

Anne said...

Just georgeus!
Amazing colors and perfecly decoratet. :)

Hugs, Anne.

Agnes said...

This is gorgeous as always!!

XX Agnes

xxxtglxxx said...

Beautiful Card Kim :) Gorgeous! I totally love your style and even with the seasonal colours, it still looks fresh and new.

Thanks for the update on Luca, you can spoil him a bit now :)

xxalisonxx

Louise said...

This is abslolutly fabolous :) It´s amazingly beautiful :) Love the colours and this Tilda from an older collection. So cute!
FAB HUN!! :)

Big hugs!

Nettie said...

So pleased to hear about Lucas ~ Kim! what a relief for you all.
Your kind of distress is the kind I can deal with very easily;o) {hugs} Nettie xx

hobby@Janet said...

wauwww!!!
This card is realy amazing!!
All those flower..so beautiful!!!


xxxJanet

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

gorgeous card Kim, your abudant flowers are so beautiful. I was blowing in the wind like Tilda on my walk this morning and so where my 2 poodles.
janex

Mandy said...

Stunning card as always Kim, so many beautiful details to look at, love the way you've arranged the flowers
hugs Mandy xx

Karita said...

Hi Kim! :)
Your card is stunningly beautiful :) Image is adorable and your colouring is so beautiful. And so many flowers, wow! I love them all :)

Have a lovely day :(

Hugs,
Karita

Amanda said...

Wow such an adorable card, lovely colours and papers, glad to read that Luca is allrigtht!

Hugs Amanda x

yvon said...

Just gorgeous, as ever.
Hugs, Yvon

Esther said...

You have made a lovely card again,gorgeous.

Hugs Esther

Mandy said...

Hi Kim,
Firstly sorry I'm sure I was following you but it looks like i wasn't but I've put that right can't afford to miss your gorgeous cards...This is just beautiful i love everything about it...The more I see and use Magnolia stamps the more I ove them...Do you buy your one's from the shops you gave me the names of?,I'm so looking forward to visiting them in October...
Mandy xx

Yvonne said...

Hey Kim,
Your new card is really adorable!
I love the soft colours you used and the glittery details!
What a beauty!
Hug,
Yvonne

Janette said...

Your card is beautiful Kim and so happy for your news with Luca.xx

Christa said...

What a lovely wintercard ! Nice colouring AND colours. I allways love your use of flowers....Love from Holland , Christa.

Maritha said...

OMG!!! Kim this is just wonderful....Your colouring is just the best!! =) Lovely lovely card dear!!

Hugs Maritha

Lillemor said...

THANKS for sharing this beatiful card with us Kim! Lillemor

jaimie said...

Hi Kim,

Super that Luca is well, and I'm speechless , is that the read word??
I think your card is wauw!!

greetings, Jaimie

jaimie said...

Hi Kim,

Super that Luca is well, and I'm speechless , is that the read word??
I think your card is wauw!!

greetings, Jaimie

Riet said...

So beautiful card Kim,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Nicola said...

How lovely is this card. So like the image and colouring. It is just fab. Hugs Nicola xx

Shirley N said...

Another gorgeous design, love all your layering! Beautiful card!

Gloria J. Dawson said...

WOW Kim! This card is stunning! I love the way you layer your cards and the coloring of this little Tilda is gorgeous! Glad to hear Luca is home and all is well!

Blessings,
Gloria

Pia said...

woooow beautiful card

Safo said...

Как красиво!!!

Nicolchen said...

WOW...Kim your card is sooo wonderful...your coloring is amazing and all the details are fantastic...I love your work :0)))

Hugs Nicole

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.