17.8.10

Ship Ahoy.......

Hello,

Hope you are all well and your week is off to a good start. The weather here has not been so good, but I am still clinging to the hope that it will pick up again before we turn into autumn. This year is going way too fast!


I have made an easel card today. I have used the sweet  Magnolia Pirate Tilda with the background from the latest Magnolia stamp club kit. I have coloured my images with distress ink pads. These have been stamped onto Waterford watercolour paper with black versafine. 


The circles are die cut from nesties and the stickle glue is star dust. I have embossed the shells again with glitter embossing powder and distressed these with tattered rose and edged with tea dye. I have edged all my papers with vintage photo, after distressing them with Tim's distressing tool. I have sprayed my flags and butterflies with iridescent gold glimmer mist. 




Well, I thank you so very much for your visit and hugs and kisses for all your kind comments you are so very sweet!

love
kim x

inks used
skin - tattered rose, antique linen
hair - antique linen, walnut stain
clothes - aged mahogany, brushed corduroy
boots - vintage photo
flag - aged mahogany, frayed burlap, black soot
map - black soot
fence - frayed burlap, black soot
sand - scattered straw, black soot
lifebouy - aged mahogany, black soot
butterflies - tattered rose, antique linen
flags - tattered rose, scattered straw, weathered wood, shabby shutters, broken china
background - tumbled glass, stormy sky, black soot, brushed corduroy, vintage photo
phew!

32 comments:

lilavati said...

very, very nice...

jaimie said...

Hi Kim,

Wauw!! Lovely details, great paper your used!
And nice with the glitter on it.

Greetings , jaimie

Mandy said...

Hi Kim,
Sorry I've not been by for a while, but with not having internet for 2 weeks and then 2 holidays things have been hectic,but back to normal now and just had to come and see what I have missed...WOW... Have I missed some stunning cards I love them all...We have just booked a holiday for later in the year down in your part of the country, just wondering are there some good craft shops, the most important requirement...lol....
Mandy xx

arjette said...

Hello,

what a beautifull card you made!!! It's lovely!!

gr. Arjette.

Liza said...

Another gorgeous work of art Kim, I love all the elements.

Liza x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

A sea side masterpiece Kim, just fabulous unlike the weather,heavy rain here today. Good weather for crafting.
takecare. janex

Mandy said...

Stunning card Kim, so many beautiful details and your sparkle looks fabulous.
I'm so pleased you've used the flags it's reminded me that I bought them & the lanterns ages ago & haven't yet inked either up, my bad lol
hugs Mandy xx

Ellen said...

Just gorgeous Kim, love the colours and the sparkling. the weather is here the same as at your place so up to my hobby space :-)

Hugs, Ellen

Angelwood said...

Oh this is so stunning!! Love the glittery edges and the scene outside the the port hole. And love the pop of red elements in your card. Coloring is GORGEOUS! ;) hugs, Angela

Rosis Stöberseite said...

Wow Kim, how many beautiful details on this card. Simply terrific. One can dirkt see through the porthole of the ship. Do you have very nicely designed.
Hugs and love
Rosi

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Kim, Another amazing card! Beautiful colors and so many awesome little details and of course your coloring is perfect!

Blessings,
Gloria

Maritha said...

OMG......stunning card Kim!! Love everyting about it really...*big smile* GORGEOUS!!!

Hugs Maritha

Esther said...

Stunning card.
Gorgeous details you have used.

Hugs Esther

nicolet said...

You have made a lovely card Kim!!
The coloring is fabulous!
Hugs Nicolet

Riet said...

So wonderful card Kim,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Diane Whitehouse said...

Oh, WOWZERS, Kim, another stunner of a card - it's just beautiful! I love the composition you've used with all the different stamps!
Diane x

Shirley N said...

Kim this is such an awesome layout, your card is just stunning!!!

LilyPuss Cards said...

Gorgeous as always..such inspiration..
Hugs
Jan..x

yvon said...

O Kim, i love your card. Everything about it is gorgeus.
Hugs, Yvon

Nicola said...

Kim this card is just gorgeous. So much to look at its a little work of art. Nicola xx

Rica said...

Hi Kim, hope you're well huni. I'm playing catch up - yet again - now I've got new specs, my eyes back and an empty purse (sighhhh!!!) Less to spend at the NEC.
Gorgeous card Kim, cute Tilda and so many beautiful, awesome details.
hugs Heather xx

Silvie Z said...

Hi Kim,
This card is totally gorgeous! There are so many beautiful details! And love the color combo and all the glitter! Amazing work!
Hugs!
Silvie from France

Safo said...

Как красиво! На небольшой открытке поместилась целая история!

Monique said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely gorgious !!

Hugs Monique

lenny said...

Hello Kim
what a beautifull card you made
this is absolutely gorgious
hug lenny

hobby@Janet said...

Oooh wauww I love this card!!!

xxxJanet

Julia Sáddi said...

Hi Kim!!! Love this pirate Magnolia scenece with all these lovely little details, congratulations!!!
1 Huge Hug, Julia Sáddi

Sueli Pinheiro said...

São maravilhosos seus cartões e seu blog. Parabéns!

Manuela said...

Hi Kim! Your card is just stunning! Fabulous work! ♥ I love all those great details on it and your coloring is so beautiful!

Hugs,
¤ Manuela
¤

May-Bente said...

Amazing Pirat card, Kim!!Love your details!

The weater ...I`m crying..it`s so windy and it`s raining every day.
So agree...WE Have to have some sun soon:=)

Hugs from me:))

Monique said...

Thank you for your very nice comments on my blog !
hugs
Monique

Oxana said...

I love it,Kim!!!!
Hugs
Oxana