7.8.10

Hooked on you!.....

Hello,

Wow! Can you believe we are into August already! This year is absolutely flying by. I hope you are all enjoying your summer and having brilliant holidays. Not sure what we will be doing but hopefully we will get ourselves together before this summer goes! 


Today I would like to share with you a card I made using the images from the latest Magnolia Stamp Club release. I just love this little guy he is super cute and just had to ink him up. I have used versafine black onyx to stamp my images onto Waterford watercolour 300gsm paper. I have coloured my images with distress ink pads. The background is distressed with weathered wood and the edges are edged with walnut stain.

I have embossed the Magnolia Tag die and cut around this and then gone over it lightly with walnut stain to show the embossing. The shells I have again stamped in versafine and embossed with glitter embossing powder and then distressed with tea dye and weathered wood.

The stickles I have used are Star Dust and the die cut stars are quickutz.


I wish you all a most wondrous weekend and thank you so very much for your visit with me.

love
kim x

inks used
skin - tattered rose, antique linen
hair - antique linen, brushed corduroy
clothes - weathered wood, black soot
anchor - black soot
rope - frayed burlap
pelican - weathered wood, black soot, tattered rose

18 comments:

De Roelies said...

lovely card Kim have a nice weekend
greatz lilian

Cassandra said...

Just Devine! Your inking is just so perfect too. Gorgeous work. *hugz*

hobby@Janet said...

it`s a beautiful card!!
Love the image!! the colors are perfect!

xxxJanet

Shake said...

wow!
this card is sooo pretty!
thw color together are wonder!

Hugs, Albert

lenny said...

Hello Kim
sooooooo beautiful card
and Ilove the colors
hug lenny

Maritha said...

WOW....you make the most lovely cards EVER!!! just love everything about them.. =0)

Hugs Maritha

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Oh My Gosh! So absolutely adorable!! Love everything about this cutie...your coloring, the papers, the embossed tag....just everything is gorgeous!!

Blessings,
Gloria

yvon said...

Wow Kim, i just love this card. It's so gorgeus. I wish i could color like you do. But i still have to practice a lot.
Hugs, Yvon

Patricia said...

Oh Kim this is just so cute, I love this little Edwin the more I see it, your cards are just fantastic, I love every little detail, I must get that tag die. Stunning card! Hugs Teresa xx

Kat said...

This is gorgeous Kim. What a sweet image. Love the colours you've used too and the lovely sparkle.

Kat xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Mmmm, I may have said this before Kim but... WOW! Love love love your style and this card is so adorable x

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Awww...this card is sooo sweet. I luv the soft blues. Great sketch. Beautiful colouring. I'm HOOKED on you and your fab creations...luv them all!

xoxo,
Lori

Lillemor said...

My oh my! This is another beatiful card from you! Just loove the soft colours- it´s magic!
Lillemor

Burnice said...

Beautiful Kim. He is sooo cute.
Burnice x

Chris said...

Fantastic card Kim and such dreamy, beautiful colouring! I love all your gorgeous details and those little embossed stars are so perfect, love them. Big hugs, Chris xxx

Mandy said...

OMG this is absolutely adorable Kim, beautiful coloured as always & I love how you've used the tag
hugs Mandy xx

Manuela said...

Stunning card! I just love it! ♥

Hugs,
Manuela

Tammy - That's me on the left! said...

Arhh, he is so cute. I wasnt going to buy any of this set....but after seeing your delightful cards....I reckon I will have to dip my fingers back in to my purse. Wonderful Hun. Loads of Luv Tammy x