25.7.10

What a lovely day!......

Hello,

Hope your weekend is going well and the weather is being kind to you. It is warm here and in the afternoons the sun shines beautifully. 

I had the best day yesterday demoing the new Doohickey dies from Magnolia at Crafts U Love. Thank you so very much to all the ladies who came to say hello. It was such a pleasure to meet you all. You are just the loveliest ladies ever! I was so very lucky to sit next to Caroline aka Stamping Caz who is just such a sweet and talented girl. So a big thank you to you all for making it such a wonderful day!


This is one of the cards I made for the demo. I stamped Tilda with Archival coffee onto 300gsm water colour paper. The background has been distressed with Old paper. I have coloured Tilda with distress ink pads. The papers have been distressed with Tim's distressing tool. I embossed the Lace border Magnolia Doohickey die instead of die cutting it. Then I distressed this and everything else on the card with vintage photo. 


I used the Tag die which I hid behind Tilda.


Here is the flower I made out of the Magnolia Peony Petals dies. I sprayed the paper with Iridescent gold glimmer mist, curled the petals and added vintage photo and Star Dust stickle glue. You can see the leaf die peeking out behind the flower. The centre of the flower is a punched Martha Stewart flower which goes so well with this die.



Well thank you so much for visiting me. I wish you all a wonderful week!

love
kim x

inks used
skin - tattered rose, antique linen
hair - brushed corduroy, black soot
dress - bundled sage
shoes - antique linen, black soot
socks - black soot
flowers - shabby shutters, tumbled glass

23 comments:

Marion said...

Just stunning Kim. I bet everyone had a fabulous time yesterday. We don't get anything like it here in Cornwall.
Love the colourway and those dies look so gorgeous.
hugs
Marion

Samantha said...

Wow Kim. What an absolutely stunning card. I wish mine looked so good.
Hugs
Sam xx

Shake said...

hello kim!
This card is wonder and I love the color!
Congrats, Shake

Rica said...

Awesome creation Kim, I really can't say anything I haven't said so many, many times before - sheer perfection.
hugs Heather xx

Kat said...

This is stunning Kim. I just love everything about it. You always make such amazing cards!

Kat xx

lenny said...

Hello Kim
This is stunning Kim I just love everything
hug lenny

Gloria J. Dawson said...

WOW....So Beautiful Kim! Always love your soft coloring of Tilda and the softness of your papers! I love the way you used the new doohicky dies....very creative!

Blessings,
Gloria

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Kim,
This is so pretty, I love the colors and coloring. The new Magnolia dies look great, and great idea with the sparkles in her shadow!

Hugs, Mindy

Janette said...

Hi Kim,well as always this is a beautiful card in every respect....I love all the detail you put into your cards,simply gorgeous.xx

Cheryl said...

oh wow kim this is simply stunning the detail you always give is amazing hun thanks for the email,too hugs cheryl xxxx

Manuela said...

Beautiful card, Kim! I love your style and the details you put into your cards.
Hugs, Manuela

yvon said...

And again a stunning card. I love these colors and all the rest.
Hugs, Yvon

Alma said...

Kim I love your creation! A absolutely adorable card! The colours are sooooo soft :-) I love it!
Hugs!
Alma

Riet said...

So wonderful card Kim,i love the image and the colours.
So beautiful papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kylie said...

Hahaha - you are a doo hickey addict too!! I haven't stopped using mine. Gorgeous card. I love it all.
Hugs
Kylie

Irene Daryanto said...

Kim, you are so talented, what a beautiful card, love all the magnolia die in it, and love the color.
Hugs, irene

Malin/Majamelon said...

Oh, this is adorable!! Such a cute card =D

Hugs
Malin

Mandy said...

OMG Kim this is utterly adorable and totally stunning, love everything
hugs Mandy xx

Annette said...

Sweet wounderful Tilda made by an artist ;D
I love your choice of colours and of course all the details.
Thanks for your lovely comment.
Hugs

Sandra's Scrapsels said...

JUST PERFECT!!

Hugs, Sandra

Janie Printz said...

I just LOVE this card with the soft colors & those to "die for" Doohickies !!! I just got mine & can't wait to use them ...
Absolutely beautiful card ...
Janie

xxxtglxxx said...

This has really inspired me!.. I love the whole pastel and gentle feel, mixed with the aged ink around the edges. Mind blowing tbh! :) lol

alisonxx

Kiri said...

oh woow. just beautifull!! love the tag and lace from magnolia. patiently waiting on my own. :-)
xxx chiara