2.6.10

Sketch Saturday - 2nd Birthday!!......

Hello,

Hope you all had a great weekend! 

I have woken to the most stunning of days hope the weather is good where you are. I have made a card today to be entered into Sketch Saturday Challenge. They are celebrating their second birthday so congratulations to all the dt!

This is the sketch that they have given us this week.



I have made a card using the latest Magnolia club kit. I love it, it is so sweet.


I have coloured Tilda with distress ink pads stamped with versafine black onyx onto Waterford water colour paper. The background is distressed with spun sugar and then edged this with vintage photo. The sparkle is stickles star dust and silver ice. I have sprayed everything with glimmer mist iridescent gold. The edges of my paper have been distressed with Tim Holz distressing tool and edged with vintage photo. The borders and butterflies are Martha Stewart.


Well I will say goodbye and hope you have a lovely day. Thank you so very much for looking. Also, a huge thank you to everyone who left me a comment you are so very lovely and I appreciate them so much!

love
kim x

inks used
skin - tattered rose, antique linen
hair - walnut stain, black soot
dress - spun sugar
flowers - victorian velvet, spun sugar, mustard seed, shabby shutters

16 comments:

mocca22 said...

wow she is so lovely and sweet and roses are delicious :-)))

Silvie Z said...

Kim, you did it again!!!utterly STUNNING! Your coloring is ABOSOLUTELY PERFECT!!! Gorgeous embellies! Love it, love it, love it!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

Nicolchen said...

WOW Kim your card is absolutely marvelous ... the colors and all the lovely details are soooo beautiful ... I love it :0)))

The weather here is cold and sometimes it´s raining *brrr* this is not spring ... it´s like autum

Hugs Nicole

Esther said...

Woww,this is beautiful.
This stamp is such a beauty to see.
I have used it myself lately for a little project.
But yours is also gorgeous.

x Esther

Darcie said...

Wow Kim! So stunning :) Gorgeous! Your coloring is amazing!
Hugs x
Darcie

Anne said...

Your cards are simply eye-candy!
Its soo sweet, love the little crown. ;)

Riet said...

So beautiful card Kim,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rica said...

Exquisite Kim - a wonderful interpretation of the sketch. Love the colours and papers, beautiful Tilda and breathtaking details.
hugs Heather xx

Cheryl said...

wow Kim what can I say your card is gorgeous I love the whole effect and that stamp is so cute. Thanks for pooping by my blog and leaving such lovely comments x

Cazza B said...

Wow Kim, as always a stunning card!! I love it!! I've entered the challenge too but my cards are no-where near as good as yours!! So beautiful :o) xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is wonderful Kim - your cards are a joy to behold. Beautiful embellishments too -love that jewelled crown!
Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Agnes said...

Gorgeous card!
Love your inspirational work.

Christina / Synål / Stina said...

Underbart kort du gör sådana skapelser.
Tack för att vi får fortsätt titta på dina underbar alster.
Hoppas solen lyser på er i England.
Här är det varmt och gott
Kram

Malin/Majamelon said...

What an adorable card!!! :D

Have a nice saturday!

Hugs
Malin

RubyM:) said...

KI YOU ARE THE REASON I FELL IN LOVE WITH DISTRESS INKS.You were the first i bumped into and have given me soo much inspiration. ALL your cards are so elegant.I admire your coloring and distressing look.I read your article on magnolia ink!! I learned more stuff from you lol!!!BEAUTIFUL CREATIONS KIM!RubyM:)

Astrid said...

Gorgeous card Kim, beautiful colours !!!
hugs Astrid