28.5.10

Ahoy There!

Hello,

I hope you are all well. I have decided to continue to post on my Magnolia only blog. I couldn't close it down as I love each and every image. So I will be adding my Magnolia cards again. 

Well here we are at Friday and another Bank Holiday Weekend to enjoy! I have made my card for my Grandson Luca. As he has been very poorly with Tonsillitis and he loves the Magnolia pirate images.


I have coloured my Magnolia images with distress ink pads. I have stamped them onto Waterford water colour paper with versafine onyx. The background has been distressed with weathered wood and the edges have been distressed with walnut stain.


I have added stickle glue in gold and star dust. I have also used a clear star dust sakura pen to different elements for added shine. The letters are quickutz.


Well thank you so very much for visiting me and for all your wonderful comments I really appreciate each and every one of them,  and I wish you all a wonderful weekend!

love
kim x

inks used

skin - tattered rose, antique linen
hair - walnut stain, black soot
clothes - tattered rose, antique linen, faded jeans, back soot, fired brick weathered wood, milled lavender
boat - frayed burlap

23 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh YEA! You are back. I was very sad to see your blog stop for a bit, I love Maggies and I love what you do with them, so welcome back! Can't wait for the next creation,
Hugs
Kylie

Nicolchen said...

Hi Kim

WOW you´re back ...that is wonderful *yeaaah*

your card is absolutly amazing ...great colors and your coloring is beautiful ... fantastic design ... I love it :0)))

I like the name of your grandson ... the name of my son is also Luca ;0)

Hugs Nicole

nicolet said...

Your card is gorgeous!!
Hugs Nicolet

lenny said...

WOWWWWWWWW Kim So beautiful Ilove it your colours are gorgeous
and welcome back
hugs lenny

Distressed Miss said...

Great to see you back Kim. Your card is gorgeous Luca is a lucky little boy to have such a talented grandma. Hope he's feeling better soon.
Hugs
Clare
x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Kim,i love your images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Burnice said...

PHEW! Glad you saw sense!! This is fabydoo Kim. More, we need more!
Burnice x

Kat said...

Glad you're still posting here Kim. It's nice to pop in and see your lovely Magnolia cards. This one is really gorgeous. I'm sure Luca loves it and hope he feels better soon.

Kat xx

Kat said...

Glad you're still posting here Kim. It's nice to pop in and see your lovely Magnolia cards. This one is really gorgeous. I'm sure Luca loves it and hope he feels better soon.

Kat xx

yvon said...

Welcome back Kim I just love your cards, the colouring, the papers you use..... everything.
Have a great weekend.
Love, Yvon

Esther said...

These stamps are so cute to use.
Your card is adoreable to see.
And for a boy they are gorgeous.

Hugs Esther

Cheryl said...

oh wow kim hun how briliant is this the detail is just super,so love how you have created such a fantastic card hugs cheryl xxxxx

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Glad your back!! Love all your Maggie cards and this one is awesome!
Blessings,
Gloria

shelly said...

Wowee this is gorgeous. I love how you have a light touch with the distress inks. The contrast of light and color is really great and subtle. I hope Luca feels better soon.
hugs,
Shell

Katinka said...

AHOY CAPTAIN!
Beautiful card ,i love it!

Xx
Katinka

Sarah said...

So good to see you back in full swing - quite a few people had quivering lips to say the least in not seeing your awesome cards - your cards are always a pleasure to see and to take tips and inspiration from.
Beautiful as always.
Hugs Sarah x

Ying Pang, said...

this is so beautiful Kim,
I specially LOVE your coloring:-)) I want to learn from you! Glad that I can see your wonderful creation!

Hugs,
Ying

Rosis Stöberseite said...

No, you always come back to new ideas. These buttons in the super nice card, simply stunning. Your design is the bomb! A cream cuts.
With love and hugs
Rosi

scrappyjan said...

Hi Kim, THIS IS BEAUTIUFL!!!!!
As in a WOWSER card!!!
hugs, Janiel

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

a stunning creation Kim, colouring and details a total delight you are so very talented . janex

Sheila said...

Yeahhh I'm glad you haven't closed it down Kim, your art is really precious to us Maggie lovers hun, I hope poor Luca is soon feeling much better poor mite.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Mary Ann said...

An absolutely wonderful card, Kim!
So glad you're back! :o)
Cheers!

Anne said...

This card looks like it was a lot of fun making, its really pretty. :)