9.3.10

Magnolia Card/Box....

Hello,

I hope you are all well and had a wonderful weekend. I had the best Sunday with my family those grandbabies are growing so fast now. I will take more pics to show you. This is a box card that I made with the class I took at Crafts U Love. Thank you so much Tracy and Caz for looking after us all and a big thank you to all the lovely ladies who came you are just the best!


We made this card box.  I got the inspiration to make this and followed the instructions from the incredibly talented Kirsten. Thank you so much for sharing this Kirsten I so loved making this and want to make more now. The card on the top of the box is secured with tulle. I have coloured my Magnolia image with distress inks and star dust stickle glue is added all around. The top and bottom of the box is two 6x6 zutter chipboards. These are covered with paper and the edges have been crackle painted with tattered rose and then glimmer misted with iridescent gold. I have crackle painted the inside of the boxes too.


Here is a close up of the front of the card. I have distressed the paper and flowers with vintage photo. The small flowers are punched. The letters and leaves are quickutz.


Well, thank you so very much for looking and I wish you a lovely day. I am hopefully off to buy the new distress ink pads can't wait to get colouring with them!

love
kim x

inks used
skin - tattered rose, antique linen
clothes - tattered rose, antique linen, black soot
hair - brushed corduroy, black soot
shoes - tattered rose with a hint of brushed corduroy

19 comments:

* Shaz * said...

WoW!!!! Kim this is beautiful xx

Mandy said...

Wow Kim this is stunning hunny, love the design and as always everything is just perfect, love it
hugs Mandy xx

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

what for wonderful box Kim !! love the colours and all the beautiful details.
big hugs
tina46

Maris said...

Hi Kim, what a sweet box this is, love the colors, and i am also into the distress, i got 4 of them, the new colors are also great of distress ink xx

Christina / Synål / Stina said...

Så fint du har gjort
HAen underbar dag
Kram

Burnice said...

Brilliant - I need to make one!!!
Burnice x

Esther said...

Ohh it's very lovely.
I am making something like that myself.It's so nice to doo.

XX Esther

Yvonne said...

Such a cute box! Love it! And the paper you have used is stunningly beatiful.
Have a nice day!
Hugs

Gry-Beate said...

WoW, just stunning!!!Love the colours and all youre beautiful details!!!

;0)Gry-Beate

lenny said...

WOWWWWWW Kim
what for wonderful box
love the colours Ilove it
hug lenny

Sharon Caudle said...

Kim, this box is gorgeous! The papers and colors you used are perfect, and Tilda is beautiful! Your coloring is superb! I love it!
hugs!
Sharon

Lena said...

Hello Ki, this little box is a very beautiful. Love it!!!
Hugs, dear friend
Lena

deroelies said...

so you made a very nice box Kom beautyfull colors
Lilian

Louby said...

Oh this is lovely. what a good idea. I really must start using some of the tulle I have stashed somewhere in my sewing box! Beautiful backing paper too. I love the colours you have used - sooooo pretty

Jodie from Oz said...

Oh wow Kim, this is amazing, your box is soooooooo beautiful, thanks so much for the link, you have inspired me to give this a go. Your papers, design and details are stunning as always and Tilda is so sweet in all her glitter goodness, your colouring is perfection. Have a wonderful week. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Malin/Majamelon said...

Oh my what a lovely, lovely box! I love the details and your beautiful colouring!

Have a great day!
Hugs
Malin

doris said...

What for wonderful box Kim! Love the details!!

xox doris

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

I love your box Kim, wonderful details and gorgeous plum colours.
Glad you had a lovely weekend with family, give those babies a kiss from me. janex

Serena said...

This is a GREAT box! It tooks a little time...but what a result!!!!
Thank you for sharing!

Hugs,
Serena