7.12.09

A card for Christmas.....


Hello,

I hope you had a great weekend. I am in full swing Christmas card making mode. Next year I am definitely going to start early. I have so many more to make. My Magnolia image has been coloured with distress inks. I have added some stickle glue and the background is distressed with old paper and edged with walnut stain.


I have mounted the stamped sentiment onto a nestie shape and added liquid pearls. The flowers have been stickled.

Thank you so very much for looking. I would like to say a big, big, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your comments. You are so very lovely, huge hugs and kisses.

love
kim x

inks used
skin - antique linen, tattered rose
hair - brushed corduroy, black soot
clothes - pine needles, weathered wood, scattered straw
shoes - vintage photo
socks - black soot
mistletoe - fired brick, shabby shutters
cookies - tattered rose
black soot for shading

19 comments:

Petra said...

Hello kim, its another adorable card and i cant wait to see the next one..so keep going :-) Love Peet

Nicolchen said...

Oh Kim, these card is gorgeous...the image is so beautiful colored...the papers and details are fantastic :0)))

Hugs Nicole

esther said...

Hoi Kim,

It,s a beauty.I like the stamp also very much.

x Esther

Dragonlady said...

Hi Kim

What a cutie, is she going to be kissing Edwin? Love your use of distress inks, they work so well.

Hugs Ali x

Burnice said...

Just stunning. I will definitely be at the Craft Barn on 9/01/10 just to see how you do this colouring in! Can't seem to get it right with the distress inks. Burnice x

Kat said...

This is beautiful Kim. I know what you mean about starting earlier. At the last count I have 62 cards and I need at least 100! It doesn't help that I work in a sub post office and people keep coming in and saying that's me got my cards done. Grrrr

Kat x

Biscuitlid said...

beautiful as always Kim. Now I think you should have a job with Ranger demoing their inks!!

Victoria
x

HazelQ said...

Gorgeous card Kim! I love the flowers and the ribbon :) nice coloring too!
Hugs
Hazel

* Shaz * said...

Kim your cards are just amazing and this is absolutly gorgeous x

Mandy said...

Oh Kim your card is simply STUNNING, love it.
I know exactly what you mean about not having enough cards/time, I thought I may just carry on making them through the whole year and maybe come next December I'll have enough cards lol
hugs Mandy xx

Nettie said...

Utterly gorgeous Kim! perfect ;o)

Jodie from Oz said...

Kim, Your card is stunning, I love the beautiful greens and Tilda with Mistletoe is such a sweetie. The flowers, ribbon & pearl accent gorgeous. I am much the same with my cards, hoping to finish soon. The new So Jolly collection is amazing, I just love them all. Can't wait to see your others. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Cheryl said...

Very,very pretty and the colours are gorgeous!!!
Hugs xx

Cheryl said...

WOW WOW Kim you always make the most amazing cards and this one is no exception just brilliant hugs cheryl xxxxx

Andrea said...

Wow Kim, I love your cards, especially the way you colour the images!

Hugs,
AndreaM

Nixe07 said...

OMG Kim, your card is stunning!! Love how you´ve coloured sweet Tilda and all the details are fab too!!
Hugs
Moni

Darcie said...

Wow Kim!! Gorgeous again :) I simply love your coloring!!!

doris said...

This is soooo beautiful Kim!!

xoxo doris

w.i.t.c.h.-ler said...

Wow Kim thats so cute and adorable!! Great work!!!!! =)