8.11.09

What a fabulous day.......


Hello,

Wow! what a fantastic day I had at the NEC! It was my absolute privilege to meet Jacqui and travel with her by train up to Birmingham. You are just as wonderful in real life as I thought you would be. Thank you so much Jacqui for being my travel buddy. I was so excited and happy to be asked by Barbro and John of Magnolia to demo for them in the morning. It was also my great honour to be demoing with the most fabulous, sweetest, all time brilliantly talented Tab!

Thank you so much to John and Barbro who were kindness itself. It was just the greatest pleasure to meet you both. I was just amazed to be part of such a special day. So big, big thank you's for letting me spend some time in the magical world of Magnolia!

I still can't believe that I actually met so many crafters in real life! These were some of the girls I met Marlene and Rach and their Bambino's. Bev, Marcea, Dawny P, Caz, Kim, Kim, Mel, Shirley, Jo, Tara to name but a few. It was incredible so sorry if I have missed you out, but it was a crazy day! I also met up with the Crafts U Love stand they are just so lovely Paula, Geoff and of course the wonderful, wonderful Tracy!

This is one of the projects I brought to the show. Tab had the most to die for creations too oh it is just wonderful to actually see them and hold them!

This is how my Advent calender started with these small matchboxes.


Two Bind-it-All covers.


I covered the covers with paper then I painted the matchboxes with gesso.


I then painted them inside and out with crackle paint.



I then distressed them with distress ink.



I then glimmer misted them inside and out.


I then punched out circles and stamped numbers onto them. I punched out little hearts and using pins attached them to my boxes. I cut off the pin inside and added paper to cover. I then stuck them altogether and put the top and bottom on.

This is the finished top of my calender. I have sprayed my flowers with glimmer mist and added stickles.


Here is a close up of the top.


A better view of the finished draws.


My completed Advent Calender.


Thank you so much for looking. To everyone I missed at the show I really hope that I can catch up with you another day.

love
kim x

24 comments:

Liza said...

Wow Kim, your advent calendar is absolutely gorgeous. Glad you had a great day at the NEC (I'm so jealous! lol!!!) you will have done Magnolia proud.

Liza x

joey said...

Hi Kim

so glad you had such a fantastic day :O) your advent is STUNNNNNNNNING I love it, the crackle works so beautifully.

Joey.xxx

angelwhispers Chanelle said...

Wow Kim this is stunning!! Love the crackle effect.

Hels said...

WOW!!! This is just simply STUNNING!!!! xx

Lillemor said...

Oh my how beatiful!!! I really must try this calender some time!
Lillemor

Petra said...

this advents calender takes my breath away...how gorigeus! Love Peet

Barb Hardeman said...

Kim, your Advent Box is simply amazing. I am making one too, and I wish I had bought the real match boxes instead of making my own. Your's look so sturdy. Your dp is absolutely delishous. So glad you had such a good time this weekend doing your demo along with Tab. Such awesome talent poured into one amazing day...

Francis said...

It's so beautifull I have no words for it..... but wowwwww!

Greetings,
Francis

Darcie said...

WOW Kim!! Positively stunning!!! GORGEOUS :) Can you make me one?? ;)

Tracy said...

Oh what can I say, this advent calender is outstanding. It's pretty, elegant and so beautiful.
Glad you had such a great time over the weekend.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Jo said...

Wow Kim, this is amazing, absolutely brilliant. Hugs Jo x

Sol said...

Wow! Great Job... and all those details... Love the Tilda on top... The colouring is beautiful... :)

Janette said...

Oh wow....it is just amazing,would love to make one of these,brilliant.x

Jodie from Oz said...

Kim, This is just a stunning creation, love all the little details and your step by step instrauctions wonderful to see. Just beautiful & sounds like you had a fabulous time on the weekend with you & Tab, what a team and a super drawcard for Magnolia. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Jodie from Oz

doris said...

Wonderful project Kim...!!!

xoxo doris

Ellen said...

Wowwwww Kim,

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! so beautiful!!!!

Hugs and have a nice day,
Ellenxxx

trixi b said...

Hi Kim,

So nice to meet you and Tab at the show on Saturday and see this and many of your other creations up close. Your Advent Calendar is by far the most amazing imo.
Trixi x

~Jeri~ said...

WOW!!!! This project leaves me speechless! It's absolutely beautiful!!! I will definitely be trying my hand at this one. Thanks for sharing your talents!!

Mandy said...

Kim this is stunning hun, so beautiful, I could look at your designs for ages you always add such perfect little details. To my shame I've just discovered I was'nt following your Just Magnolia blog too, I forgot you fabulous girls have another seperate blog, soon rectified lol
hugs Mandy xx

Fleur said...

Wow, what a beautiful advent calender. would make a lovely keepsake to use over & over again. I bet filling it with treats will be just as fun as making it.
Hugs Fleur xXx

Monique Lokhorst said...

Hi Kim,

This is really stunning. I want to try to make one some time. The colours, everything is just perfect! Thank you for sharring!

Hugs,
Monique xxx

maxine said...

Kim this is beautiful, I'm glad you had a good time at the NEC, I also went and had a great time.

Spyder said...

Beautiful! Haven't made one of these for ages and ages, I could put all my collected match boxes to good use!! Must get some distressing ink!
((Lyn))

Aija said...

These boxes looks sooo great! Especially that crakle paint gives great look. I should try this also to decorate some boxes. Thanks for the inspiration!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Aija