12.11.09

Just Magnolia - Sketch by Mina.....



Hello,

I hope you are all well. This week has just gone like lightning! Today is the start of a new challenge for Just Magnolia. We have a sketch for you designed by the fabulous Mina to follow. Thank you Mina this was brilliant to play with.


I have coloured my Magnolia image with distress inks. I have put some dries clear glue on Santa's beard and hair and then sprinkled glitter over this for a fine shimmer. I have distressed my background with weathered wood and then stamped snowflakes around the edge with old paper. I have distressed the edges of my papers and card with Tim's distressing tool and then distressed them with vintage photo. I have also distressed my flowers with vintage photo and added stickle glue.



Thank you so very much for looking. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

love
kim x

inks used.
skin - antique linen and tattered rose
clothes - fired brick, black soot
shoes - vintage photo
lamp - frayed burlap, spiced marmalade
sack - scattered straw
hair - weathered wood

13 comments:

doris said...

Ho... Ho... Ho... What a wonderful card!!!

xoxo doris

trixi b said...

Amazing colouring and attention to detail as always Kim!
x

Darcie said...

Wow Kim!! Simply gorgeous :) Love the colors & details!!

Neenie said...

Gorgeous card, Kim! Just love Santa's glittery beard.x :)

HazelQ said...

Hi Kim!! This card is adorable, I like how you glamoured the flowers, they look adorable. This sketch is nice, I will definitely give it a try.
Hugs
Hazel

Mandy said...

Kim this is gorgeous, your colouring is stunning as always, love the distressing and Santa is adorable
hugs Mandy xx

Marina said...

Your card is gorgeous, Kim!
Soooo beautiful papers and details as usual ;O).

Hugs,
Marina

Jodie from Oz said...

Wow Kim, love this fabulous Christmas card, great to see Santa in his beautiful rich colours. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Jodie from Oz xx

Jet said...

Hi you,have a nice day ^^! . Your blog is very nice .

Welcome to my website : http://9wallpapers.blogspot.com/ . This
is a website where have a lot of beautiful wallpapers .Especially ,
all free !!!!

Milnie said...

Ow wow This card is really adorable kim! the colouring is amazing done!

I also wanted to say thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!

Hugs,

Mélanie

Annemiek said...

Hi Kim,
What a wonderful x-mas card!
I'm really inspired by your creations. I'll come back to your blog more often..!

Kind regards, Annemiek

craftycrafter said...

just dropped by to say how I haved loved reading my magnolia ink magazine, and to say how much I love your cards in it your colouring is superb just hope I can be half as good some day soon thank you love Dorothy

Nicola said...

Beautiful card Kim, your colouring is always a delight to view and your floral detail is fabulous.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-