6.11.09

Just Magnolia Monthly Challenge - Distressing...


Hello,

Today we start a new challenge for Just Magnolia. This is the beginning of our monthly challenge sponsored by Simon Says Stamp you could win $50 to spend in their store!

This month's challenge is distressing and the most fabulously talented Chris Dark has very kindly made a fantastic tutorial for us. Thank you Chris you are so inspiring and your card is stunning.

I have made a wall hanging. I have coloured my Magnolia image with distress inks. I have distressed my edges with Tim's distressing tool. I have sprayed my papers with glimmer mist.


I have used a grungeboard hinge and painted crackle paint over this and then sprayed it with glimmer mist.

I have edged my papers and flowers with vintage photo. I have added loads of stickle glue over my project. My sentiment was so very kindly sent to me by the delicious Tab. Thank you so much big hugs and kisses.


I stamped the snowflake out onto acetate three times using brown stazon and then covered it with dries clear glue and sprinkled glitter over them. Then when they were dry cut them out and pined them together with a pearl brad.

Thank you so very much for looking and I urge you to go and check out the stunning creations by the Just Magnolia DT. I would like to say a big, big, thank you for all your sweet comments they really touch me thank you so much!

I will be going to the NEC in Birmingham on Saturday and I am so very excited about meeting everyone who will be going. Lots of the Just Magnolia girls will be there and I have never met them before. Tab, Bev and Marcea will be demoing on the Magnolia stand. I am also going to have a little go (yikes). It is going to be wonderful to meet them! I really hope that I can catch up with lots of you it will be fantastic to actually meet you in person as I think you are just the best on line community in the world!!!

love
kim x

inks used
skin - antique linen, tattered rose
hair - brushed corduroy, antique linen, old paper, black soot
clothes - antique linen, weathered wood

25 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi Kim, Great challenge this month Distressing, and no on does it better than you!!!!
Love this wall hanging,the lay out is gorg, and your colour scheme is beautiful. The snowflake is devine, thank's for sharing how you made it, I will have to try that.
I may be going to the NEC Saturday,it would be lovely to meet you all.
take care...
x
Vicky

Camilla said...

Hi Kim!
Wow, Kim!
As always, do beautiful work with what you do.
Incredible coloring and choice of motifs.
You are so talented, and I liked it so much hanger.
It would be nice to have this on my wall:))
What a fun challenge you this week.
I wish you a great weekend with very creative.
hugs: Camilla

Petra said...

one word... Perfect!
Love Peet

Marina said...

This is soooo cute Kim!
I love these beautiful details, especially the glimmer and the snowflakes.

Have a nice saturday,

hugs,
Marina

Poppy said...

gorgeous, love the flowrs, have a great time at NEC.
poppy

Dragonlady said...

OMG how fantastic is this Kim. Words fail me.

Hugs Ali x

Nettie said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful Kim!!! you amaze me again, just when I think you can not possibly come up with something new: you do just that!!! I love it (did you guess;o) and am a fan of well done distressing and boy, is this well done: I think all of us would love this to go on our wall *sigh* Have a wonderful weekend, your distressing is out of this world, hugs Nettie xxx

Nettie said...

ps, just read that you are off to NEC: good luck, you'll be fine, give Bev a hug from me and ask her to give you one from me: have loads of fun, wish I were there!!!

Darcie said...

Wow Kim!! Stunning as always :) I'm always amazed by your gorgeous coloring :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joey said...

Kim this is just so gorgeous!!! I love the distressed look you have given it, and the colours again just so perfect! Joey.xxx

doris said...

Perfect... Fantastic Kim!!!

xox doris

HazelQ said...

Just gorgeous! The image look amazing :)
Hugs
Hazel

Camilla said...

Wooooww Kim!! Your hanger is so gorgeous! Love it! Your colouring is stunning, and I love the white flowers, and the stickles you have put on the edges! Enjoy your weekend! Have fun;)
Hugs, Camilla.

Lillemor said...

I am overwelmed...You make such adorable beatiful things Kim!
Thanks for sharing!
Lillemor

Nicolchen said...

WOW this card is so beautiful...FANTASTIC!!!

Hugs
Nicole

Liza said...

A stunning wall hanging Kim, your colouring and detail are divine. Have fun at the NEC!

Liza x

Jo said...

Kim, beautiful work as always. This is gorgeous and such a sweet Tida. Hugs Jo x

Cheryl said...

OMG hun love this wall hanger it is truly brilliant you always inspire me to be more creative and hope you have a wondeful day tomorrow sending you love hugs cheryl xxx

Jannie said...

Wow Kim, this is stunning. The colours are beautiful and I love the image!

Have a nice weekend.

Hugs Jannie.

Jorunn said...

OMG Kim!!!
This is jaw dropping gorgeous!!!
Love it and all the distressing, the colors and the design! So elegant!!!

hugs,
Jorunn

Jodie from Oz said...

Kim, This creation is nothing short of amazing. Such a perfect project, it's far too nice to hide away in a drawer, it should be hanging for all to see. Stunning stunning stunning. Did I mention how stunning this is.
Hugs Jodie from Oz

Françoise said...

bravo tes créations sont magnifique j'aime beaucoup
biz

Hels said...

Such an amazing card, I just love your style x

w.i.t.c.h.-ler said...

Wow Kim your work is just dreamlike!! Love it soo much! =)