19.11.09

Just Magnolia - Masking.....



Hello,

I hope you are all well and are looking forward to the weekend!

This week there is a new challenge at Just Magnolia. The challenge this week is masking. For my card I have masked three Magnolia images. Tilda, Presents and Basket of presents. I have coloured them with distress inks. The background is distressed with tattered rose and I have stamped Magnolia snowflakes in sepia versafine around the edge and distressed the edge with walnut stain.



I have added stickles to my image too. The paper has been distressed with stained walnut and I have added liquid pearls to the scalloped edge which was made using a fiskars border punch. The Magnolia hearts I distressed with tattered rose and vintage photo and edged with walnut stain.

Thank you so very much for looking and a big, big, thank you for all your comments they mean so much to me! I wish you a wonderful weekend. I have the family for Sunday lunch so looking forward to that. Please do go and see the rest of the DT creations they are just amazing!

love
kim x

inks used
skin - antique linen, tattered rose, hair - antique linen, stained walnut, clothes - tattered rose, milled lavender, stained walnut, weathered wood, black soot, basket - frayed burlap, black soot, presents - tattered rose, fired brick, weathered wood, milled lavender, broken china, antique linen, tea dye, shoes - tattered rose, vintage photo, stained walnut, dusty concord

29 comments:

Helene said...

Your card is so sweet, I love the colors you used.

Hugs
Xxxx

* Shaz * said...

Hi Kim your card is beautiful i've never done masking so think i might have to have a go x

Safo said...

Нежная, романтическая открытка!

trixi b said...

soo sweet Kim x I haven't seen this Tilda before. Loving all your detail and masking x

Darcie said...

Wow Kim! Stunning card as usual :)

Marina said...

Wow! Another gorgeous card, Kim!
Love the papers and colours you've used.
Details are fantastic.

Have a nice weekend and enjoy the sunday with your family.

Hugs,
Marina

Janette said...

Just love your cards,they are always so amazing.x

w.i.t.c.h.-ler said...

Oh Kim thats soo gorgeous! Love it! =) xx

Dragonlady said...

Hi Kim,

Wow such fab masking of these great images, love the technique and your card too.

Hugs Ali x

Hels said...

As ever Kim, your cards are just perfect...love them all and drool over them everytime I visit :O))

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Kim - another amazingly scrumptious card - love love love it!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Cheryl said...

wow hun this is utterly brilliant so yummy and detailed as always hugs cheryl xxxx

Jo said...

Kim, this is fabulous so much detail and coloured beautifully. hugs Jo x

doris said...

Kim, your card is gorgeous... "I love it"!!!

xoxo doris

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ann Terny said...

What a beautiful card !!! Love the colours, the stamped snowflakes and the hearts are great !

greetings from Belgium,
Ann

Nicolchen said...

WOW Kim, it´s gorgeous....I love your colouring and the details on this card...FANTASTIC

Hugs
Nicole

Sandra said...

WOW, this is very, very pretty!! Very nice!!

Alison said...

oh that is just lovely - I love masking too! Tilda looks so sweet, sat amongst all the presents and your colouring is so soft and vintagey - just lovely, Bev!

Annemiek said...

I really love this Tilda with all her presents! Love the coloring and the masking. I'll try to finish my masking card tomorrow for the challenge..
Kind regards, Annemiek

Liza said...

Gorgeous Kim, the colours are so soft and pretty.

Liza x

Spyder said...

Another brilliant card Kim, really pretty!!
(Lyn)

Marion said...

Wonderful card. Love that image and the paper is gorgeous.
Marion

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi sweetie!! I just wanted to stop in and take the time to say have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday with your family!! Have fun and be safe!! BIG HUGS!!!

Jodie from Oz said...

Kim, Love your masking and this new Tilda is so adorable. I love your soft pastelly colours, your colouring & glittery goodness is wonderful. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Jodie from Oz

debbies said...

Beautiful colors and masking. I love how you added the embellishments to the ribbon

Thea said...

what an lovely card
this stamp of tilda is a favorite of mine
greetings Thea

Liisa said...

This is so pretty, lots of presents for Tilda :D I love how you used the different stamps together. And the colors are just wonderful. Amazing work.
Hugs, Liisa

Rivien said...

Dear Kim!
I am glad so much that you have signed up with to me! It is a big honour for me! And a Nikolaus give away?! :-))))
Thank you, many thanks!
Wonderfull!!!!
Hugs and many kisses from Hamburg
Rivie