1.10.09

Just Magnolia week 25 - Special Monthly Challenge - Flowers....



Hello,

Can you believe that it is Friday already and October! Wow this year is so speedy!

Today we have the start of a new Monthly challenge at Just Magnolia. Which is sponsored by Heidi at Simon Says Stamps. The prize is a gift voucher of $50 to spend in the store.

The challenge for this month is to use a Handmade flower on your project and a Magnolia image.

We have the honour of Michele of My Little Space on the WWW giving us an amazing tutorial on how to make her stunning Handmade flowers. Thank you so much Michele you are truly talented and have given me so much inspiration!

I didn't have any punches to make my flower. So I stamped a flower image onto grungepaper and cut it out. Then I distressed it with fired brick and sprayed it with glimmer mist. After I made my flower I then added distress stickles to the petals. The tutorial I found to make my flower is here and it is by the most amazingly inspirational Wendy Vecchi.

I have coloured my image with distress inks. I masked Tilda onto the rolling pin. The background is distressed with tattered rose. I have added some stickles. I have used some liquid pearls on my swirl. The papers are distressed around the edges with vintage photo.



The Just Magnolia dt have made the most stunning creations and out of this world flowers please do go and check them out!

Thank you so very much for looking and I wish you all a wonderful weekend. I will be teaching at Crafts U Love tomorrow and I am so looking forward to meeting up with some fantastic crafters!

love
kim x

inks used - tattered rose, antique linen, brushed corduroy, weathered wood, milled lavender and black soot for shading.

10 comments:

trixi b said...

aww, you've made Tilda so pretty with your colouring and colour scheme. Soo sweet.
x

Dragonlady said...

Hi there,

Fab card and an amazing flower. Love it.

Ali x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Kim
Once again, an amazingly beautiful card! I absolutely love the way you colour your images and the way you piece everything together so perfectly. Stunning!
Thank you also for the links to the flowers.
Love, Sylvia xxx

Hannekie said...

kim your the best. this is gret
hugs hannie

Jo said...

This is so beautiful, I love it, Jo x

doris said...

OMG, this is so beautiful... I love it!!

Hugs
Doris xx

Jorunn said...

Awe...wow Kim!!!
This is absolutely stunning!
Love the colors and the coloring and wonderful papers!

hugs,
Jorunn

mueppi said...

Another day and another wonderful card, my dear Kim!!!!
It`s so beautiful!
have a great day hun!
Big hugs and thanks for all the love comments
Gisela

Marley said...

Hi Kim.. I just loveeee this card! Great soft colours and the image is adorable! You coloured it perfect.. xxx Marley

pinky said...

Stunning card, you are an inspiration! Afraid I will be stalking your blog lol.
Pinky