4.8.09

Splish, Splash, Splosh......


Hello,

Today I have a Magnolia dt card I made using the Lazy Summer Days collection. I have coloured my image with distress inks. The frame was made by embossing a nestie shape onto my card. I have masked Tilda onto her bathing ring the background is distressed with milled lavender.

I was also asked if I could list the colours of inks I use when colouring my image. So here goes I hope you will find this useful.

skin - antique linen and tattered rose
bathing suit - milled lavender and black soot
water - weathered wood and black soot
hair - old paper, brushed corduroy and black soot
ring - shabby shutters and black soot

Thank you so much for looking!

love
kim x


11 comments:

Ellen said...

Hello Kim,

What an beautiful card you made!!!!!
I never colouring my stamps with distress inks(only use them for background colours). I have a lot of them. Could you explain me how to do that?

Hugs,
Ellenxxx

lil-paper-pixie said...

Stunning!!!!

Lucy with you said...

OMG your cards are amazing!
xoxo
Lucy

mueppi said...

Ohhhhhhh Kim
your splish, splash Tilda is so wonderful and I love your colouring!
Hugs hun Gisela

Bente said...

Beautiful card, love all the wonderful details and lovely colors!!
Hugs, Bente

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Kim, your cards are just stunning. I love the soft colouring you've achieved with the Distress Inks - the effect is so delicate and the skin looks so realistic (which I always find difficult to do). Thank you so much for sharing the colour list too.
Love, Sylvia xxx

Tanja said...

This is soooo beautiful! I love the embossed frame, have to try this!

Thanks for this great inspiration!

Hugs Tanja

Spyder said...

Another brilliant card, you can do no wrong. perfect, love he detail

((Lyn))

Nicola said...

Wowee this is awesome Kim. Fabulous colouring as always and I adore how you have framed Tilda with your embossed nestie. Loving your floral arrangements - you always do wonders with flowers.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

mommabear said...

just love it

Pam said...

This is so soft and pretty. I love the lavenders and purples. Just gorgeous~
Kim I could leave comments on everyone of your cards. They are all fabulous~
~Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/