31.7.09

Just Magnolia week 16 - Distressing....



Hello,

I hope your week has been a good one and that you are looking forward to the weekend. We have a new challenge for you over at Just Magnolia. This week's challenge is one of my favorites Distressing. So loved doing this challenge and you should see the rest of the teams work just so gorgeous.

I have coloured my image with distress inks. I have distressed my background and papers with old paper and frayed burlap. I have also sprayed glimmer mist onto my card oh I just love this gorgeous effect here is a close up so you can see the fabulous glimmer.


I have added frayed burlap to my flowers and heart. I have also distressed my grungeboard hinge using distress embossing powder. The leaves have been punched out using my new Martha Stewart punch on I love my new purchase might have to be getting some more of these.

Well thank you so much for looking and have a wonderful weekend!

love
kim x

11 comments:

Ying Pang, said...

kim, this is so gorgeous, hope that I can try to make some as well.welcome to magnolia team.

ying

Lillemor said...

Oh, wow what a beatiful card you have made!!! I love the colurs and the Tildaimage you have chosen for this one...it´s an oldfashion-feeling over this card *Just love it!*
I wish you a great weekend yoo!
Hugs Lillemor

Camilla said...

Wooow Kim this card is stunning!! I can see you loved making it, and it is soooo beautiful! I love the many layers of papers you have used, and the torned and distressed edges looks fantastic:)!
I wish you a great weekend too;)
Hope the svine flu haven't catched you all!
Hugs, Camilla.

Ellen said...

Wowwwww Kim, amazing card you made. I like the colours and the materials!!!

Hugs,
Ellenxxx

Carolyn said...

Kim this card is amazing. I love the distressing on this card. The layering of the card is beautiful.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Jojjo said...

What a beautiful card! I love the torn paper and the flowers, actually I pretty much love everything about this card =)

Payne Holler Cards said...

you blow me away with your cards - this one is another gorgeous creation!! love everything about it - I just recently purchased glimmer mist - may try it this weekend - have a wonderful weekend LOL
Linda

Janette said...

Absolutely gorgeous card,and the mist sprayed over it has added to it's perfection,fab.x

Liisa said...

Very beautiful card. I love the glimmer mist effect.
- Liisa

Scrapmumur said...

This is gorgeous card!!!
I love, love!!!
Hugs, Mumur

disa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.